Thursday, May 08, 2008

Stencilled Quilts - Teddies and Golliwogs

I've been browsing through images of my past work and since the last post on teddy bear tea parties I thought we could join the teddies for a picnic too. The quilts were 'try outs' for me and I was experimenting with stencilling at the time. I made three in total but can't find the photo of the third one. A fun project, and though time consuming I enjoyed the quilt making.



The Golly quilt was my favourite possibly because the golliwog was a favourite of mine as a young girl. This quilt was given an aged look by dipping the stenciled panels into 'coffee water'.
All quilts were made to be for multi purpose use so they were perfect as a bed quilt for a child's room, a decorative throw or wall hanging.



I bought this piece of material as a remnant and found it to be perfect as the backing for the Golly quilt. A very busy design with interesting details ..... and reversible.

A third quilt was also produced but have not been able to find the photo of it. Well, I'm not sure if I'll ever stencil more quilts in the future but it was fun doing these and certainly different to my recreated items.

All quilts have long since found new homes :)


Ciao for now from Elena Perrotta
EP Designs