Saturday, May 09, 2009

Show and Tell - Four Legged Friends


It's amazing how attached we can become to our dear little four-legged friends. The pooch seen in the photo below ... ie. the one in the frame, sitting next to a teddy.... was my dearest little friend. I was given Rastus when he was just 8 weeks old (he was already named, so it stayed). He followed me around everywhere. We had such gorgeous cuddles & fun times. The photo was taken when he was about 14 years old. Not long after Rastus passed away. I couldn't believe how distraught I could have been, but I was. I was so upset that I cried daily for about 2 weeks ... so much , I eventually caught an awful cold.


Good friends are special but these little creatures I'm sure were created by God to remind us how we should love unconditionally ... which is what these pets do.

Now you might be wondering what the little dog in the front and the book have to do with anything........... They were gifts given to me from friends who understood what I was feeling. They knew how special Rastus was to me.

The black & white dog looks so real even though he's such a tiny thing. Of course, he doesn't replace Rastus, but funnily, he was a comfort, looking ever so cute; and knowing that a true friend cared about how I was feeling.


The book titled Give Us This Day is a delightful book based on the Lord's Prayer. Each page is beautifully illustrated by Tasha Tudor an American artist born in Boston and grew up in New England in the contryside.


This is a special book to own ..... in fact, I didn't realise what a little treasure I had been given until recently. Tasha Tudor's illustrations are so beautiful.


I was well and truly an adult when my loyal friend died but I'm not ashamed to admit I cried over his death. I still miss him today - even though almost 20 years have passed.

God is good .... and he does supply us with all our needs.

~~~~~~~~~~
Show and Tell Friday is hosted by Kelli ..... Prepare yourself a cuppa and browse through the gorgeous blogs with more Show and Tell stories shared.

Ciao for now from Elena Perrotta
EP Designs